Something I have only just discovered, which has been a prototype since Autumn 2008! Although please note that in their FAQs they don’t recommend using it for your business because it is unsupported.
- Very quick to learn – there are three short videos that can be accessed via the link above.
- You don’t have to start from scratch, it is probably easier to create your presentation first, then to add the pptPlex ‘ribbon’ as it’s called.
- The ‘ribbon’ effectively creates a narrative for your presentation that you can choose to represent by using section dividers e.g. a group of images could be linked by an Artist’s name or a place or time, you can then see the whole group together with the heading, but also zoom into each image or slide individually and out again easily.
- The quality seems to be pretty good, although there was some pixelation for me on a few screenshots.
- It is an unsupported prototype.
- It only works for PowerPoint 2007 and PowerPoint 2010 in Window XP and above.
- The software would need to be installed in the venue where you gave a presentation.
- It doesn’t let you play movies, i.e. it is for static graphics only.
- Some features, such as the timeline, require Microsoft Visio.